Responsible for gathering and analyzing sustainability-related data and ensuring completion of sustainability assessments and reports, the position tracks, benchmarks and analyzes a wide range of metrics related to Lehigh’s operations. This position collaborates and works closely with a number of departments on campus to accurately track and report data and manage projects. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Manage internal campus sustainability data collection and reporting as it relates to Lehigh’s Sustainability Strategic Plan 2030 and Climate Action Strategy *Collect Sustainability Strategic Plan 2030 goal progress data and develop annual progress report scorecard *Develop ongoing gap analysis to determine where Lehigh is lagging and provide actionable recommendations *Collect and manage waste tracking data from departments *Maintain the LEED credit sheets for capital projects to assist design consultants and the capital projects team with LEED submissions *Manage data in GRITS, including GRITS Goals, in coordination with LU Facilities *Collect data and manage Lehigh’s annual greenhouse gas inventory process *Collect Climate Action Strategy progress data *Prepare data visualization materials to present to the campus community and senior leadership
2. Manage internal transportation and real estate data collection and reporting *Collect progress data across all mobility data sources *Prepare data visualization materials to present to the campus community and senior leadership
*Support management of financial projections and cash flow reports *Perform other metrics and reporting tasks for Lehigh Transportation and Real Estate Services, as needed
3. Manage external data collection and reporting for sustainability assessments and reports and work to continuously improve Lehigh’s rankings *Collect data from departments university-wide and report to AASHE STARS annually *Develop ongoing gap analysis to determine how to continue to improve Lehigh’s AASHE STARS score and rating *Report annually to AASHE’s Sustainable Campus Index and the Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges *Collect sustainability data for Times Higher Education survey to support OIRSA
4. Manage projects for sustainability and real estate initiatives *Improve campus performance related to waste and climate action *Manage all aspects of various special projects for real estate that require interactions and communications with various stakeholders, follow through, and independent decision making to keep projects moving forward and goals to be met *Review and evaluate project progress and determine necessary actions to resolve problems
5. Support student experiential learning projects by bridging the gap between operational data needs and faculty *Oversee the Real Food Challenge and Sustainable and Healthful Food Purchasing Policy data collection and research with Lehigh Dining *Support students working on the LU Partnership for Sustainable UN Missions program *Support students working on Campus Sustainable Impact Fellowship Projects
Position Number: S84770
Grade: 9-40; $53,580 - $65,210
This is an approximate range and is subject to change based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing an accommodation for any part of the interview or hiring process may contact Lehigh's Accommodations Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Environmental studies, Engineering, Planning, Business or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Strong quantitative skills and data visualization skills
Understanding of metrics tracking across sustainability topic areas such as climate, energy, water, waste, transportation, purchasing
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft (Excel and PowerPoint)
Experience in Tableau data visualization software a plus
Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Ability to lead a project team
Adaptability and flexibility in the workplace to respond effectively to work conditions if plans don’t go as organized originally
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.