Compensation - Per Colorado C.R.S. § 8-5-101, the estimated salary range for this role is $120,000-$140,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, and abilities of the applicant.
Benefits - USMEF offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, dental and life insurance, including short-term and long-term disability
• Voluntary supplemental insurances, including vision, accident and more
• 401(k) with company contribution
• Paid time off, sick leave and paid holidays
• Parental leave
• Monthly parking or RTD pass
• And more!
Scope of Responsibilities: The Director, Export Services is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for resolving market access issues and assisting red meat and processed products companies with exporting to foreign markets. The principal responsibilities of this position fall within the following four broad areas: (a) monitoring and identifying market access issues and opportunities, (b) working closely with exporting companies, USMEF, NAMI, NPPC, and NCBA staff, and the U.S. government to develop and implement strategies for resolving market access issues and expanding export opportunities; (c) providing export guidance to exporting companies seeking new or continued access to foreign markets; and (d) assisting other USMEF staff with recruiting members and maintaining regular communication with exporting companies.
Specific Responsibilities: Work collaboratively within the USMEF Export Services department and with the Access/Analysis department to address market access issues and opportunities, including through the following: • Drafting of industry comments related to WTO notifications, U.S. government requests, and other technical access issues and the red meat industry’s trade priorities • In conjunction with industry partners, develop strategies for resolving trade issues and expanding export opportunities for U.S. beef, pork and lamb, as well as processed meats • Develop trade policy positions based on the realities of international markets and relay this vital information to the USMEF constituency • Identify opportunities for expanded exports of red meat items, including further processed and value-added products, and work with exporting companies to capitalize on these opportunities • Provide technical information and advice to USMEF export members in resolving market access issues in specific markets: o Work with USMEF staff to evaluate and understand the technical aspects of market access issues and assist in developing options for resolving those issues o Act as a liaison between USMEF exporter members and the USDA in resolving technical market access issues in specific markets and regions • Collaborate and support staff in the development and delivery of technical education to customers and government officials in export markets • Coordinate with the Industry Relations department in expanding USMEF’s exporter membership and strengthening relations with exporter members • Other duties as assigned • Travel as requested
• An advanced degree in meat/animal/food science, agricultural economics or an agricultural-related field; preferred; however, related experience working with U.S. government agencies or the red meat industry may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree • Minimum 10 years’ experience in red meat industry or related government role • Detailed knowledge of red meat packing and processing operations preferred, such as experience in red meat manufacturing and exports, red meat export sales, marketing, and/or merchandising • Demonstrated ability to think and communicate clearly, both orally and in writing • Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite • Ability to work effectively under pressure of tight deadlines, heavy workloads and multiple tasks • Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a team approach • Public speaking skill necessary • Culturally attuned; bilingual skills a plus; international exposure helpful
USMEF is the most vertically integrated trade association in the meat and livestock industry. USMEF represents beef/veal producers and feeders, pork producers and feeders, lamb producers and feeders, packers and processors, purveyors and traders, oilseeds producers, feedgrains producers, farm organizations and supply and service organizations.
USMEF is an international, not-for-profit trade association/marketing organization headquartered in Denver, CO. We have international offices in Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Mexico City and Monterrey. USMEF also has special market representatives covering South America, South China, Europe, Russia and Russian Regions, the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.