Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQ) Stock Yards
US Foods- Stock Yards
Location: Aurora, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Competitive comp package
10% Yearly Incentive Bonus and Benefits start day 1 of Employment
Internal Number: R228198
Join Our Community of Food People!
THE STOCK YARDS STORY We’ve been providing chefs with expertly cut and portioned beef and pork for over 120 years, based on rigid meat-selection criteria, precise beef aging and expert trimming. Whatever your need, from white-linen presentation to casual family dining, our procurement experts will find the best-quality options that work for your budget and pack-size needs, carefully selected from our extensive meat assortment.
The Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQA) maintains, updates and implements national food safety, quality and regulatory compliance programs. Implements and maintains the GFSI FS22000 food safety standard. The Manager will continue on developing a strong Food Safety culture across their facility and will have a mindset of Continuous Improvement.
The work this position does is completed 100% on-site in Aurora, IL
• Manage the internal quality audit function for the site and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's Quality Management System
• Site leader responsible for on-site product risk assessment and risk management plan
• Attend site leadership meetings to report and drive continuous improvement: in sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance
• Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity
• Ensure regulatory compliance with USDA, FDA, State and local authorities and act as division’s primary liaison with these agencies
• Develop & implement site specific programs for GMP’s, SSOP’s, allergen control etc.
• Develop and conduct site specific training programs for employees
• Manage HACCP and SSOP validations and verifications
• Manage to contract 3rd party labs and develop bacteria and quality lab testing as needed / required
• Perform 3rd party audit preparation and supplier audits as necessary
• Ensure sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility under scope
• Work with management, sales and customers as needed to understand and reduce product returns and complaints and implement appropriate corrective actions
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure food safety and raw material compliance specifications
• Manage labeling compliance with USDA/FDA regulations
• Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs
• Review the Pest Control logs from 3rd party services and follow up with corrective actions
• For RTE (Ready to Eat) Facilities only: Coordinate Hygienic Zoning and Flow controls
The Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQA) manages the sanitation activities and/or crew, and may manage the quality technician in plants where applicable
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 associates and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit usfoods.com to learn more.