YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Senior Sponsored Program Analyst at AdventHealth Central Florida
Location Address: 800 N MAGNOLIA AVE, Orlando, 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando :
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· In coordination with the Manager of Sponsored Programs, orients, trains, provides guidance to new staff as well as Sponsored Programs Analysts to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
· Reads and interprets different funding opportunity announcements, including federal grant requests for proposals, in order to assist faculty and staff with inquiries in the proposal preparation and submission phase and to inform faculty and staff with changes in regulations, proposal requirements, forms, submission processes, and deadlines.
· Creates, reviews, revises, and negotiates simple and complex research-related contracts, including amendments, consistent with relevant documents, institutional policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
· Preparation and review of research budgets to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, sponsor/funder terms and conditions, and institutional standards. Communicates study/award status to research departments on a regular basis and as requested.
· Coordinates and provides pre-award activities including completion of grant documents, working with departmental functional groups and subject matter experts to develop detailed budget based on principal investigator input and project needs, assembly of proposal package and submission, and preparation, review, and submission of just-in-time requests. Applies knowledge of federal regulations and policies on research compliance, i.e., human subjects, animal use, institutional policies on conflict of interest, etc., to ensure accuracy and completeness of grant proposal packages or documents submitted to sponsors.
· Coordinates and provides post-award activities including submission of technical and financial progress reports, budget revisions, forecasting results, funding trend analyses, no-cost extension requests, prior approval requests, audits, close-out, etc. to ensure adherence with award terms and conditions and institutional policies and procedures.
· Determines and provides verification that all research requirements have been met (i.e., terms and conditions, proper credentials for investigators and research team members such as debarment, conflict of interest, CITI training, physician letters of agreement, documentation for research-related physician payments to meet Stark Law requirements, etc.) and that files are properly assembled for submission.
· Consults with stakeholders and partners to solve simple and complex problems related to research studies and applying knowledge of applicable regulations, award terms and conditions, and institutional policies and procedures. Develops and maintains strategic relationship with hospital research departments and other internal/external stakeholders/collaborators
· Follows, develops, and updates established processes pre and post-award to ensure metrics and tracking, compliance, document harmonization, and timely execution of contracts.
· Facilitates the execution of grant agreements and/or related requests with responsible teams and departments. Serves as a liaison with the Institutes, Research Operations and AdventHealth Legal department to ensure agreements are processed timely.
· Interacts with all levels of management and staff to provide useful information, guidance, and integrity to grant related activities.
· Develops, updates and communicates policies and procedures in research administration
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge and understanding of grant and contract funding mechanisms, related policies, procedures, compliance requirements and contract management and financial reporting Ability to synthesize complex requirements of research related grants and other related contract terms (e.g. human subjects, animal, confidentiality, biohazard, export control, intellectual property, etc.)
· Knowledge of related federal and state regulations, e.g. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Department Health and Human Services (DHHS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as they relation to research administration
· Proficiency in grant submission portals such as ASSIST, Grants.gov, eRA Commons, FastLane, and/or different foundation grant sites, and grant forms such SF424, Public Health Services (PHS) forms, Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR), etc.
· Knowledge of research compliance requirements (e.g. human subjects, animal, biohazard, export control, intellectual property, etc.)
· Motivated, organized and able to function independently
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style necessary for interaction across departments
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiency for current spelling, grammar, tone, and syntax
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.), internet, and other research tools, word-processing and databases
· Ethical and diplomatic with an ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet fixed deadlines, and manage competing priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field OR paralegal certification
· Three (3) years’ experience in research or contract administration preferably in an academic or medical setting
· Experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating contracts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of AdventHealth policies and procedures related to research administration
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field
· Five (5) years of experience in research or contract administration preferably in an academic or medical setting
· Established competency in biomedical research and the regulatory environment
· Experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating research grant and contract agreements
· Experience in grant and funding related financial audit
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification by a professional research organization such as the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), Society of Research Administrators (SRA), National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Research Administrator's Certification Council (RACC), etc.
The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst exercises objective and independent judgement in interpreting regulations and contract language, negotiating terms and conditions, managing contract compliance, and in making recommendations to departments and leadership. The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst is knowledgeable in the areas of state, federal, foundation and other research grant funding mechanisms including pre-award and post-award related functions and provides mentorship on these areas to SPA I and SPA II. The Senior Sponsored Programs Analyst collaborates with research unit stakeholders and other shared research services departments to ensure compliant, timely, effective and efficient management of all research activities under the auspices of AdventHealth. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.