Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Mission Pharmacal Company ("Mission") is seeking a TOP EXECUTIVE to oversee and manage all aspects of its generic pharmaceutical products division. Mission is a 75-year old, privately-owned, national manufacturer, distributor and seller of prescription and non-prescription generic and name brand pharmaceutical products owned by Mission that Mission either manufacturers ourselves at our large, FDA-inspected manufacturing facility in Boerne, Texas or by utilizing third party manufacturers. All of the generic pharmaceutical products made by or for Mission are offered and sold through the generic pharmaceutical products division of Mission.
Mission is conducting a national search for a highly qualified executive with in-depth experience in the sales of generic pharmaceutical products to lead Mission's generic pharmaceutical products division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Develop and implement actionable business strategies, plans and procedures that ensure alignment with short- and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the senior management of Mission.
2. Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement goal-setting, performance management and annual operation planning.
3. Proactively seek external growth drivers in the field of prescription generic products in alignment with the overall strategies of Mission.
4. Manage projects in support of Mission’s objectives, including generic product sales, generic product acquisitions, marketing alliances, co-promotion opportunities, licensing candidates, new business ventures, and various other life cycle management initiatives.
5. Analyze revenue, profit and cash flow opportunities for Mission’s generics business and recommend actions to maximize efficiencies and operational activities with other functions within Mission.
6. Exercise reasoning and sound judgment to accurately determine, prioritize, and manage the tactics required to achieve fiscal performance and strategic objectives throughout the Mission’s existing and growing generic products portfolio.
7. Develop written analysis of business opportunities, business case recommendations and product performance reports for review by the senior management of Mission.
8. Responsible for alliance management of business partners and customers, ensuring appropriate communications with and management of commercial relationships.
9. Implement improved processes and methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization. Ensure EBITDA goals are met.
10. Work closely with executive team and senior managers to assess and manage fiscal, legal and competitive risks to the organization.
11. Define and communicate expectations, responsibilities, and assign accountability and authority to subordinates to promote a sales-driven culture.
12. Evaluate expenses, contracts, and processes to find efficiencies, introduce best practices and reduce costs to achieve budgets and other financial metrics.
13. Represent Mission with external business partners, customers and suppliers; attend and network on behalf of Mission at external business development conferences and product acquisition events.
14. Evaluate business performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics and develop plans and action items to improve key performance indicators.
15. Drive and guide business development, product development and all supplier relationships in order to meet performance and growth goals of existing generic products portfolio and future pipeline of new products.
16. Build and maintain trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners and stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: For consideration of this position, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience resulting in broad knowledge of a field related to the job, such as accounting, marketing, business administration, agriculture etc., plus ten (10) or more years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate for this position will have at least ten (10) years of direct experience in acquiring, offering, contracting and selling prescription generic pharmaceutical products. Direct and in-depth knowledge and experience with the prescription generic products sector of the generic pharmaceutical industry sector is also necessary. The candidate must have strong, preexisting relationships with key players at all significant customers and a strong understanding of the generic sales process, including contracting, chargebacks, price setting, launching new products, establishing corporate regulatory licensing, defining and selecting product development projects, and business development activities relating to prescription generic products. Candidates must also have advanced skills with spreadsheet software and an intermediate skill level with accounting principles, contract management, and word processing software.
Mission Pharmacal believes the success of an organization is dependent upon its people. If you are a motivated visionary with a proven leadership track record in the generic pharmaceutical products industry, we look forward to meeting you!
Mission is a government contractor EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Drug Free Workplace
Mission Pharmacal is recognized in the pharmaceutical industry as an innovator and leader of high-quality, patient-friendly products in women’s health, urology, and dermatology. With over 70 years of experience manufacturing and delivering pharmaceutical products, Mission has gained strong analytical knowledge and commercial expertise in marketing and selling across various therapeutic areas. Our experienced sales and marketing network offers coverage and customer focus throughout major markets in the United States. Our sales territories are aligned for co-promotion and co-marketing opportunities. In addition, we have global distribution partners covering 40 markets for our Mission products.
Our integrated commercial team is positioned for product partnerships and opportunities in additional therapeutic areas.
BioComp Pharma, Inc. (“BioComp”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mission Pharmacal Company with headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. BioComp is uniquely positioned to prosper in the ultra-competitive and increasingly generics-driven pharmaceutical industry. Through our experienced leadership team and exceptional core capabilities, we are poised for further growth and succ...ess with our continued addition of select partners and an active research and development pipeline. In addition, we offer services to other companies lacking the commercial and distribution infrastructure to bring a generic drug to market.
Our complete turnkey and à la carte generics commercialization services include:
Labeling coordination and printing
Secure, environmentally controlled warehousing
Fully-licensed U.S. distribution and commercial launch
Electronic data interchange (EDI) capabilities
National account sales management and marketing
Assurance of quality is paramount, so we only distribute products that are developed and manufactured in strict accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
With over seven decades of experience, Mission has mastered the equilibrium of expertise and efficiency. Our mid-sized advantage allows flexibility, responsiveness, and unmatched support in executing our clients' vision while providing a wide range of services for products at any stage of their life cycle.
Using the latest equipment, Mission manufactures high-quality prescription, over-the-counter products and medical devices in our FDA-registered, GMP facility. Our 275,000+ sq. ft. facility has the capacity for both small and large scale production and is located on our expansive Boerne, Texas campus. No matter the size and scope of our clients' projects, our experienced team will create custom packages to meet individual needs and exceed expectations.