Visit https://cargill.taleo.net/careersection/ex_mobile/jobdetail.ftl?job=PLY00652&tz=GMT-08%3A00&tzname=PST8PDT to apply.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT Do you have a passion for working as a Food Scientist? Want to work for a global company that values excellence? Would you love working in a hardworking team of dedicated professionals? We are looking for someone like you. The Food Scientist will coordinate, align and innovate through exploration, development and implementation of new and existing products. We seek an experienced professional to provide technical expertise to new product development for product line growth and technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities. In this role, you will identify and implement technical solutions to meet business goals.
• Identify product growth and new product opportunities.
• Review and understand consumer insight and other marketing data and apply this knowledge to new projects for McDonald’s (or Foodservice customers).
• Stay abreast of current market dynamics and trends in the QSR space.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership on products, process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
• Partner and stay connected with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, business, ops, food safety quality and regulatory).
• New product development for product line growth & customer menu development
• Process development for the creation of new capabilities Collaborate and build partnerships with cross-functional partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
• You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in food science or a related field or four or more years of equivalent experience.
• Two or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: formulation development, ingredient functionality and product commercialization.
• Experience formulating with protein, egg-based and/or breakfast products is advantageous.
• Experience working successfully in a matrixed organization
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
Internal Number: PLY00652
About Cargill Protein
We bring food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world.
You learn a few things during 155 years in business. Today, we apply that expertise to serve customers and communities in 70 countries/regions. We have 155,000 employees working every day to nourish the world in a safe, responsible, sustainable way. Find out more about our global operations.